Tuesday, March 31, 2009

District Pinewood Derby

Hi all!
I know this is a little late, but I wanted to put a little something out there about the Pinewood Derby District Race on Saturday, March 14th. Race day went very smooth and fast actually. We were surprised to find that when we arrived, Webelos I had finished racing early and there was a lot of down time between their race and the start of the Bears race. I'm not sure how the rest of the day went, but Bears were able to do 2 full race sets before their time was up. That meant that the boys' cars were in 8 races instead of the 4 we are used to.

The results are posted on the district website, although I was disappointed to find out they only listed the top 3 finishers in each race. Here is the link to the results: http://manitou.nsbsa.org/pinewood_results.html

Congratulations to the Bears as all 3 of our boys finished in the top half of the competition out of a total of 38 racers in this rank.
Jacob Galatzer placed 5th
Ethan Menne placed 8th
Garrett Johnson placed 13th

Anyone else that has their placings, please send them to me and I will update this entry to include your results.

I also want to send a special thank you to Tom Dalhoff for collecting the recycling at the Armory during the races. It was a surprise that recycling wasn't set up at this District event but Tom did a great job getting things going for the rest of the day. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for a great race and for representing Pack 437 in Districts! We're excited to see all the cars again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment